The following blog post contains notes and application questions from our 2018 Easter message "Are You a Fool for Believing in God?" Watch the full message.
Are you a fool if you believe there is a God? Todd teaches us—through the lives, hurt, and pain of Watermark members—that it is anything but foolish to believe in God and allow Christ’s death, resurrection, and forgiveness to transform your life.
- There is a narrow road that we’d do well to pay attention to and not get distracted by fleeting things or teachers who teach what our itching ears want to hear
- Worship is born from humility before God’s wonder not understanding of all God’s ways
- It makes no sense that God would send His Son to be tortured and killed at the hands of fallen, sinful people…but God’s ways are not our ways.
- The right response to an awareness of God’s majesty is humility and repentance
Questions for Reflection & Discussion
- When you think of God, what comes to mind?
- Has your pain caused you to question the goodness of God? Do you believe He is good?
- Are you willing to allow Christ’s death, resurrection, and forgiveness transform your life? If so, share that with others! If not, we’d love to talk to you and answer any questions you might have: email us here.
Mentioned or Recommended Resources