Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.
It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.
Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. (Psalm 127:1–5)
Pray for our families:
- Pray that there would be oneness and unity within those who are married. Pray that the husbands would love and lead their families as Christ has led and loved the church. Pray that wives would love and support their husbands. (1 Peter 3:1-7; Ephesians 5:22-28)
- Pray that the children and teenagers within our body would come to know and trust in Jesus. That they would find no greater joy than knowing and loving Jesus Christ. Pray that they would honor their parents in the Lord. Pray that a generation of fully devoted Christ-followers would be sent from this body to the uttermost parts of the world. (Deuteronomy 6:4-7; Ephesians 6:1-3; 1 Timothy 4:12)
- Pray for the parents in our body who strive to be faithful in loving, nurturing, preparing their children to go out into the world. Pray that parents would have the courage to make wise decisions even if they may be in opposition to what the culture says is appropriate. (Proverbs 22:6; Ephesians 6:4)
- Pray specifically for the single parents in our body who are working diligently to love and serve their children. Pray that the Lord would help you develop relationships with those single parents who are exhausted, discouraged, and feeling overwhelmed. Pray that the Lord would direct you to know how to come around them to help love, support, and encourage them. (1 John 3:16-18)
- Pray that single men and women in our body would continue to demonstrate faithfulness. Pray that, if they are called to marriage, the Lord would help them maintain godly standards for their future spouse. Pray they would be free of anxiety and seek to please the Lord. (1 Corinthians 7:32)
Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy! For the LORD, the Most High, is to be feared, a great king over all the earth. He subdued peoples under us, and nations under our feet. He chose our heritage for us, the pride of Jacob whom he loves. Selah
God has gone up with a shout, the LORD with the sound of a trumpet. Sing praises to God, sing praises! Sing praises to our King, sing praises! For God is the King of all the earth; sing praises with a psalm!
God reigns over the nations; God sits on his holy throne. The princes of the peoples gather as the people of the God of Abraham. For the shields of the earth belong to God; he is highly exalted! (Psalm 47:1-9)
Pray for our government:
Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection.
Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another.
Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all.
If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”
To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Romans 12:9–21)
Pray for Watermark Community Church:
- Pray that Watermark’s family would be salt and light to Dallas and the surrounding cities and counties. (Matthew 5:13-16)
- Pray that we would be diligent to pursue the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Pray that we would repent and seek reconciliation if any of our discussions of late have been marked by divisiveness and lack of love. (John 17:20-23; Ephesians 4:1-3)
- Pray for the members of your community group by name – pray that you would be a blessing to them; that you would be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. Pray that you would engage in hard discussions in a way that seeks to understand and honor Christ. (James 1:19; Ephesians 4:29-32; Proverbs 18:2)
- Pray that our conduct would be honorable before the watching world and that we would boldly proclaim the hope we have in Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 2:9-12; Matthew 28:18-20; Colossians 4:5-6)
- Pray that the Elders would be diligent to shepherd the flock of God in a way that leads to blessing and righteousness. (1 Peter 5:1-5)
Pray for the church in America:
- Pray that church leaders who are faithfully shepherding and equipping the saints for the work of ministry would not grow weary of doing good. (Galatians 6:9-10; 1 Corinthians 15:58)
- Pray that the Lord would strengthen the resolve of pastors and elders and that they would take seriously the call to courageously shepherd the flock of God. (Acts 20:28-31; 1 Peter 5:1-5; Proverbs 20:10)
- Pray that every church in America would be a prevailing church and reject apathy, people-pleasing, and pandering to the patterns of this world. (Revelation 3:1-3)
Monday Prayer and Fasting Guide