New to the Kit or looking for helpful hints on how to use it? Check out the Kids Kit Tips and Tricks - Preschool Edition where we share detailed instructions about the resources below.
Our goal for preschool curriculum is to build a foundation of biblical knowledge so preschoolers will know the major stories of the Bible and how they fit together into God’s big story. Our curriculum is organized into 12 units and we teach the major stories of the Bible in mostly chronological order. Each week there is a Teaching Truth which is the most important thing we want kids to hear and learn about God and His Story that week.
Additional Resources for January 3
- Discussion Guide Continue the conversation with your preschool kids using these simple questions
- Activity Guide Hands-on activities for preschoolers to help reinforce this week’s Teaching Truth
- Memory Verse Song Help kids learn the memory verse through song
- Preschool Spotify Playlist A playlist of some of our favorite songs
- Special Needs Kit We know some of our amazing kids have special needs or other learning challenges. Here are tools to help you share the Bible story in a simple way with your child.
More ways to have a great week of worship...
Use these activities to keep talking about and applying what you learned this weekend throughout the week.
1. Create a Scroll
SUPPLIES: Sticks, brown construction paper, tape, markers
Go on a walk with your child and help him find two straight sticks about the length of a sheet of paper. When you get home, grab some brown construction paper and tape. Tape a stick to each end of the brown paper and write the memory verse (Matthew 19:14) on the paper. Explain to your child that there were no books when Jesus was on the earth. When Jesus studied God’s Word it was on scrolls, sort of like this one. Continue to talk with your child about God’s Word using these questions:
- What are some of your favorite stories from the Bible?
- What are some things you have learned from the Bible about God? What is your favorite thing about God?
- What is wisdom? How can we grow in wisdom like Jesus did?
2. Where is Jesus?
SUPPLIES: Shoe box, scissors, craft supplies, small dolls or action figures
Use a shoe box turned upside down to create a temple. Cut out a door and some windows and let your child decorate it. Using small dolls or action figures, act out the story of Jesus staying in the temple while His parents were looking for Him. After you have reviewed the story, hide the temple and Jesus somewhere in the room and have your child pretend to be Mary or Joseph looking for Jesus.
3. Sing a Song
Sing and act out this song to the tune of “Here We go Around the Mulberry Bush”
This is the way that Jesus grew (squat and slowly rise), Jesus grew, Jesus grew
This is the way that Jesus grew, And I am growing, too.
This is the way that Jesus walked (walk around the room) … And I am walking, too.
This is the way that Jesus prayed (fold hands and bow head) … And I am praying, too.
Jesus is God’s only Son (point up with one finger), only Son, only Son
Jesus is God’s only Son, and I will follow Him.