Discussing and Applying the Sermon
- Who in your life exemplifies goodness? Reach out to that person to encourage them.
- Identify one way you can diligently seek goodness this next week.
When’s the last time you saw something that made you think or say, “Wow…that was good”? As we continue our series, “This is the Life,” Todd Wagner teaches us about goodness and how it should mark us as we diligently seek it out.
- People might not like what you believe but they should love what you do.
- If you don’t want to know God more I doubt you really know Him at all.
- Every single sin we commit is tied to a lack of understanding of the goodness of God.
- Our job is to diligently seek goodness.
- If you are a Christian, you are a hallmark of God. The absolute best there is. Not because of you, but because God put His mark on you.
- Where the Kingdom of God is, there is goodness. Where the Christian is, there should be more of the Kingdom of God.
- Goodness is a person (Mark 10:17-22), a gift (Isaiah 43:1-5) and the fruit (Galatians 5:22-23) and the goal (Proverbs 11:23; Ephesians 2:10; 1 Timothy 6:17-19) of the faithful.
- When Christ is present the light of goodness overwhelms and replaces the darkness of sin.
- When Jesus shows up, goodness and kindness shows up.
- God’s goodness is His glory. Our good works cause more glory to be given to Him.
- “Some people cause happiness wherever they go. Some whenever they go.” -Oscar Wilde
- "Satan knows your name but calls you by your sin. Christ knows your sin but calls you by name." -Ricardo Sanchez
- “There is more mercy in Christ than sin in us.” -Richard Sibbes
Mentioned or Recommended Resources
- Suggested Scripture study: Psalm 128; Proverbs 1:7; Proverbs 2:1-20; Psalm 34:1-8; Psalm 84:10-12; Psalm 16:11; Exodus 33:17-23; Exodus 34:6-7; Proverbs 11:27; Proverbs 3:3-4; Proverbs 12:2; John 3:30; Proverbs 14:14; Romans 12:1-2; Psalm 37:1-4; Mark 10:17-22; Isaiah 43:1-5; Galatians 5:22-23; Proverbs 11:23; Ephesians 2:10; 1 Timothy 6:17-19
- Sermon: Reflection Sunday: The Goodness of God and the Futility of the Wicked
- Real Truth Real Quick: If Everything God Makes is Good, Including Satan, Where Did Evil Come From?
- Watermark in South Dallas