Having trusted in Christ alone as my Lord and Savior, and being in agreement with the Calling, Commitments, Convictions, Core Values, Beliefs and Governance of Watermark Community Church, I now am called to unite with the Watermark family. In doing so, I commit myself to the Lord and to the other members of the family to protect our unity, share in, serve and support the ministry of my church family through pursuing:
BELONG TO HIS BODY...
- by living life as a fully devoted follower of Christ.
- by attending faithfully.
- by dealing biblically with conflict and refusing to gossip.
- by following the leadership in submitting myself to the care and correction of leadership should the need arise.
- by praying for its health and impact.
- by warmly welcoming those who visit Watermark and committing myself to community with those who attend.
- by having a community group that will know me and help me as I seek to love God, love believers and love unbelievers.
HELPING OTHERS BELIEVE IN CHRIST...
- by developing relationships with the unchurched, de-churched, dead-churched and unmoved.
- by sharing my story of grace with others.
- by praying for the salvation of non-believers with whom I have a relationship.
BE TRAINED IN GOD'S TRUTH...
- by committing myself to read, understand and apply the Bible.
- by affirming the inspiration, infallibility and authority of God's Word, as well as the other core doctrines found in Watermark's Statement of Beliefs. (See "What We Believe")
- by availing myself to the tools and resources of the church which are designed to further my understanding of and deepen my commitment to applying God's Word.
- by preparing myself to give a "ready defense" for my faith based on God's Word.
BE STRONG IN A LIFE OF MINISTRY AND WORSHIP...