1. What qualities does God look for in people He chooses to use?
2. Jeremiah’s two excuses for not doing what God had called him to do was age and experience. What excuses have you used or are tempted to use for not doing what God has called you to do?
3. Consider the phrase, “delayed obedience is disobedience”. What is one thing you can start doing right now that you have been putting off?
Heroic Principle: The perfect time is the present.
Jeremiah was called by God to be a prophet to the nations. Initially he was reluctant to respond to Gods call because he believed he was young and unqualified. God wanted Jeremiah to obey immediately and not delay. If we delay obedience, we will not only miss out on what God has for us, but the joy of obedience and the tools he will give us to live faithfully.
• If you walk in obedience to God, he will give you the tools to carry out his plan.
• Delayed obedience is disobedience.
• We can tend to be slow to obey what God is calling us to do because we don't believe it's the “right time”. However, if we wait too long, we might miss out on our opportunity.
• The conditions won’t always be perfect or favorable for obedience. If we wait for the right moment, we will never get anything thing.
• The only day we are promised is today. It’s prideful to live life assuming that you have another day. There is no greater time to be used by God than right now. Don’t hold off in responding to what God is calling you to do.