Who are some of your most trusted friends? What about them do you appreciate the most?
What are some challenges in your life that are easier to face because of the difference maker friends in your life? How do they help you walk through those challenges?
What is going on in your life right now that you and your friends can/need to pray about together?
What are some idols that you think our culture wants us to worship? How can you and your trusted friends stand up for Christ and against those idols?
Heroic Principle: If you want to be a difference maker for Christ, one of the best things you can do is surround yourself with other teenagers committed to Christ and to making a difference.
We are all naturally emboldened with courage when we see courage and boldness in others. Daniel’s three friends were better together. They prayed together, stood firm in their allegiance to God and His way at great peril to their own lives together, and God rewarded their faithfulness time and time again, together.
• The three friends along with Daniel were chosen from among the Jews to learn and adapt to the Babylonian way of life.
• When there was great external pressure to adapt a different way of life, these three teenagers stood firm together.
• When there was a great threat to their lives, these three friends looked to God in prayer together.
• Prayer at all times, but especially in urgent situations, should be a top priority for Christians.
• When everyone else was choosing to worship a false God, these three friends stood firm in their allegiance to God even if it meant losing their own lives.
• God honors our faithfulness and allegiance to Him.
• Our boldness and courage to stand together for God may lead to others aligning with God’s message, will, and way.
• Daniel 1:15-20
• Daniel 2:14-18
• Daniel 3:8-30