1. How did you react when the first wave of changed plans hit these last few months?
2. What are some specific things you are grateful for in light of recent disappointments?
3. What are some scriptures that talk about God’s will and plan for our life? Check out openbible.info to help you find helpful passages of Scripture on this topic.
4. How do you plan to react differently as plans change this summer?
Heroic Principle: When plans change, plan to practice gratitude.
We all have plans, expectations, and goals for our life. However, as much as we plan, things change. We are going to learn about the life of Mary and how she responded to change with gratitude
• Mary chose to view her changed plans as an opportunity, and not an obstacle.
• God uses the insufficiency of man, to reveal his sufficiency to us.
• Complaining directs our attention to what we want. Gratitude directs our attention to what we have.
• There’s no greater status in the kingdom of God than that of a servant.
• As long as we are followers of Christ, we have something to be Grateful about.
• “It is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer
• Our mind naturally gravitates toward negativity. We need the anchor of God’s word to keep us from drifting.