The following blog post contains notes and application questions from our September 8, 2019 message, Righteousness: Part 1. For more from this series, check out This Is The Life.
Discussing and Applying the Sermon
Try reading the “Proverb of the Day” for the rest of this sermon series. Read the chapter in Proverbs that corresponds with what day of the month it is (e.g. on the 9th day of the month, read Proverbs 9). Every day, pick one Proverb that stands out to you and share it with someone else.
What do you think of when you hear someone say, “This is the life”? Wealth? Fame? The American Dream? Todd Wagner walks us through where true life is found as we kick off a new series called, “This is the Life”.
- The book of Proverbs is all about skilled-living, wise-living.
- As long as there is a Bible there is no reason for anyone to ever be Fatherless.
- As long as Jesus is known there will never be a need for a mentor.
- As long as there is a Holy Spirit no one will ever lack the ability to live righteously.
- The righteousness in Proverbs is different than the righteousness that justifies, which is only available through Christ.
- “If you don't want to know God more you know nothing of Him yet.” -Spurgeon
Mentioned or Recommended Resources