Be sure to catch the full "Parenting Conversations" panel discussion featuring Todd & Alex Wagner, Beau Fournet, Tracey Beckwith, David Penuel and Wes Butler. You can check it out on the Watermark Family Ministry Podcast.
Anxiety among children and teens is an increasingly prominent challenge within the American family today. How can we as Christian parents prepare ourselves and our children for this battle for peace and contentment in our homes? How can we help our children who may struggle with these issues and create an environment of security and authenticity that enables us to talk about it?
In addition to the information shared in the audio/video, we've collected some other resources you might find helpful as you seek to equip yourself for the amazing privilege of shepherding the hearts of our kids through all the joys and trials of this world.
- Fear and Anxiety “Issue Sheet” used in RE:GENERATION for Students
- Not Alone ABC's Scripture Memory Verses
Watermark Students Messages:
- How the Bible Preps Us for Things Like Depression, Anxiety, and Self-Harm by David Penuel and Ginni Beam
- How to Stay Afloat Through Worry and Anxiety by Jermaine Harrison
- Drowning in Depression by David Penuel
Watermark/The Porch Messages:
- Don't Worry . . . This Message is For You by Todd Wagner
- The USA: United States of Anxiety by Adam Tarnow
- Anxiety: A Perspective Problem by Jonathan Pokluda
- Freedom from Anxiety by David Marvin
Resources on Technology:
- Technology's Place in Today's Family [message] by Wes Butler
- Top Ten Apps (Biblical Applications) for Christian Teenagers [blog] by David Penuel
- How to Help Your Anxious Teen by Jessica Thompson
- A Practical Guide to Culture by John Stonestreet and Brett Kunkle
- Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World by Max Lucado
- When I Am Afraid: A Step-by-Step Guide Away from Fear and Anxiety by Edward T. Welch
- Rhythms of Renewal: Trading Stress and Anxiety for a Life of Peace and Purpose by Rebekah Lyons
If you are interested in the Not Alone Devotional and do not live in the area or attend the Dallas campus, please fill out this form.