Discussing and Applying the Sermon
- Search/download “Watermark Community” in the iTunes App Store (Android coming soon) and starting using the App when your group meets together.
- Once a week, ask each other and personally answer the Community Questions: How have your fed your soul, how have you fed your flesh (always followed by prayer/James 5:16), and how have you fed others?
There is a big difference between going to Watermark and being part of Watermark. Between identifying as a Christ follower and following Christ. To be part of the body of Christ is to be part of the church, His Church. As we wrap up our series, “How He Built This,” Todd walks us through the importance of Community—doing life together and living out the one another’s of Scripture.
- Community is our middle name. It’s what God wants you to be part of, and it’s not for the faint of heart.
- Community is not easy...it’s not supposed to be easy.
- Biblical community is forged, not found.
- Community is not a ministry at Watermark, it is the ministry. The very church itself.
- Living out the community core values will make your life better no matter what you believe, but make no mistake, their foundation is the gospel.
- The Community Core Values are: Devote Daily (John 15:5), Pursue Relationally (Romans 12:10), Live Authentically (1 John 1:7), Admonish Faithfully (Colossians 3:16), Counsel Biblically (2 Timothy 3:16), and Engage Missionally (Matthew 28:18-20).
- If your output exceeds your intake, then your upkeep will be your downfall.
- Wise men pursue solitude, fools isolate.
- Isolation is the garden in which idiosyncrasies grow.
- If we don’t encourage each other day after day, we will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
- Silence in the midst of sin is sin.
- “Let me tell you what I think” should never carry as much weight as “thus sayeth the Lord...”
Mentioned or Recommended Resources
- Suggested Scripture study: Ephesians 2:20-22; Matthew 7:24-27; Galatians 5:13-17; John 15:5; Romans 12:1-2; Romans 12:10; Hebrews 3:13; 1 Thessalonians 5:14; 1 John 1:7; James 5:16; Colossians 3:16; Proverbs 27:5-7; Jeremiah 17:5; 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Real Truth Real Quick: What Does It Mean to Be in Biblical Community?
- Sermon: Can You Relate: Community
- Sermon Series: How He Built This