New to the Kit or looking for helpful hints on how to use it? Check out the Kids Kit Tips and Tricks - Preschool Edition where we share detailed instructions about the resources below.
Our goal for preschool curriculum is to build a foundation of biblical knowledge so preschoolers will know the major stories of the Bible and how they fit together into God’s big story. Our curriculum is organized into 12 units and we teach the major stories of the Bible in mostly chronological order. Each week there is a Teaching Truth which is the most important thing we want kids to hear and learn about God and His Story that week.
Additional Resources for May 30
- Discussion Guide Continue the conversation with your preschool kids using these simple questions
- Activity Guide Hands-on activities for preschoolers to help reinforce this week’s Teaching Truth
- Memory Verse Song Help kids learn the memory verse through song
- Preschool Spotify Playlist A playlist of some of our favorite songs
- Special Needs Kit We know some of our amazing kids have special needs or other learning challenges. Here are tools to help you share the Bible story in a simple way with your child.
More ways to have a great week of worship...
Use these activities to keep talking about and applying what you learned this weekend throughout the week.
1. Caring for Others
SUPPLIES: As needed per task
Each morning this week, help your child think of one person he can put first and show God’s love to that day. Come up with one simple way he can serve that person. Some examples might include helping a sibling clean up her toys, making a card for a neighbor, or baking treats and sharing them with others.
2. Enjoy a Walk
Go out on a walk with your child and talk about the story together. Because Ruth trusted God, she chose to put Naomi first, left her home, and traveled with Naomi to Bethlehem. Have your child close his eyes and take your hand. Help him walk safely for a few feet with his eyes closed. Afterwards, talk about how we can trust God to always take care of us, even when we might not know exactly where we are going. Talk about how God used Boaz to take care of Ruth and Naomi after they got to Bethlehem. Boaz put Ruth first, gave her extra food, and married her.
- Did Ruth choose to put herself first or Naomi first? (She put Naomi first.)
- Did God take care of Ruth and Naomi? (Yes!) How? (God used Boaz to give them food, keep them safe, and marry Ruth so they would have a home.)
- How can we show God’s love by putting others first?
3. Follow the Leader
SUPPLIES: Miscellaneous items for an obstacle course
Ruth put Naomi first and followed her back to Bethlehem. Play follow the leader in your house or outside. If you want, you can make an obstacle course using pillows, chairs, stools, or whatever you have so your child can climb over, under, and around obstacles. Choose someone to be first in line. That person will lead everyone else through the obstacle course. Once that person is done being the leader, they get to choose the next person who will be first in line.