New to the Kit or looking for helpful hints on how to use it? Check out the Kids Kit Tips and Tricks - Preschool Edition where we share detailed instructions about the resources below.
Our goal for preschool curriculum is to build a foundation of biblical knowledge so preschoolers will know the major stories of the Bible and how they fit together into God’s big story. Our curriculum is organized into 12 units and we teach the major stories of the Bible in mostly chronological order. Each week there is a Teaching Truth which is the most important thing we want kids to hear and learn about God and His Story that week.
Additional Resources for May 17
- Discussion Guide Continue the conversation with your preschool kids using these simple questions
- Activity Guide Hands-on activities for preschoolers to help reinforce this week’s Teaching Truth
- Preschool Memory Verse Song Help kids learn the memory verse through song
- Unit Song Watch this music video together to reinforce the lesson's teaching truth
- Preschool Spotify Playlist A playlist of our favorite songs
- Special Needs Kit We know some of our amazing kids have special needs or other learning challenges. Here are tools to help you share the Bible story in a simple way with your child.
More ways to have a great week of worship...
Use these activities to keep talking about and applying what you learned this weekend throughout the week.
1. Travel and Tell
Help your child gather some of their stuffed animals. Divide them into 3 groups and place each group in different places around the room. Talk with your child about how Paul’s life was changed when he received forgiveness from Jesus. Paul decided to go on a trip telling others about Jesus’ love and forgiveness. Pretend to be Paul and travel around the room telling others (the stuffed animals) about Jesus and His love. Paul sometimes traveled in a boat, so act like you are rowing a boat as you go from one place to the next.
2. Praying Around the World
To start this activity, find a globe or a map of the world. Remind your child that people who follow Jesus are called Christians. Look at a globe or map of the world and tell your child that there are Christians around the world. Have the child close their eyes and then put a finger on the globe/map. Read the name of the country they pointed to. Pray for the Christians that live there, that they can tell others about Jesus and His love for them.
3. Sail Boat Snack
For this special snack you will need a banana, a strawberry, and a pretzel stick.
Cut a banana and a strawberry in half. The banana will be the bottom of the boat. Use a pretzel stick to attach the strawberry sail to the banana boat. Remind your child that Paul had to use a boat to get to many of the places he traveled to tell others about Jesus.