New to the Kit or looking for helpful hints on how to use it? Check out the Kids Kit Tips and Tricks - Preschool Edition where we share detailed instructions about the resources below.
Our goal for preschool curriculum is to build a foundation of biblical knowledge so preschoolers will know the major stories of the Bible and how they fit together into God’s big story. Our curriculum is organized into 12 units and we teach the major stories of the Bible in mostly chronological order. Each week there is a Teaching Truth which is the most important thing we want kids to hear and learn about God and His Story that week.
Additional Resources for July 19
- Discussion Guide Continue the conversation with your preschool kids using these simple questions
- Activity Guide Hands-on activities for preschoolers to help reinforce this week’s Teaching Truth
- Memory Verse Song Help kids learn the memory verse through song
- Unit Song Listen to this song together to reinforce the lesson's teaching truth
- Preschool Spotify Playlist A playlist of some of our favorite songs
- Special Needs Kit We know some of our amazing kids have special needs or other learning challenges. Here are tools to help you share the Bible story in a simple way with your child.
More ways to have a great week of worship...
Use these activities to keep talking about and applying what you learned this weekend throughout the week.
1. Act it Out
SUPPLIES: Stuffed animals, aluminum foil, (optional) balloons or tissue paper
Help your child make some props they can use to act out this story from Daniel 3. Make an “idol” by covering a stuffed animal or doll in aluminum foil. Use other stuffed animals and action figures as the people who bowed to the statue. Turn a closet into a furnace and make sure it is large enough for your child to walk around in. You could even have your child use red and orange balloons or crumpled tissue paper in this “furnace” to make flames. As you act it out, remind your child that only God should be worshipped. Talk about the fact that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego only worshipped God and even told the king that they would always trust God, no matter what. God was with them and rescued them from the fiery furnace!
2. Rack, Shack, & Benny
SUPPLIES: Veggie Tales video (can be accessed online)
Veggie Tales has a video based on this story from Daniel 3 called Rack, Shack, & Benny. Watch it with your child and then talk about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego using these questions:
- Was it wrong for Nebuchadnezzar to command the people to worship his idol? (Only God should be worshipped.)
- Why did Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego not bow down to the king’s statue? (They worshipped only God.)
- Why did the king decide to throw the three men into the furnace? (They did not worship the idol.)
- Why were the three men not afraid, even though they were about to be thrown into the furnace? (They trusted God.)
3. Fiery Furnace
SUPPLIES: Cardboard box, markers, colored paper
Use a large cardboard box (like a large diaper box) and have your child decorate the outside with red, orange, or yellow markers or paper so it looks like a furnace. Have your child pretend to be inside the fiery furnace by crawling inside the box. Tell your child that God is always with him, even in a hard time like the fiery furnace.