The following blog post contains notes and application questions from our December 22, 2019 message, How to Make 2020 Your Best Year Yet.
Discussing and Applying the Sermon
- What is your plan for seeking Christ in 2020?
- How are you choosing to respond in good times? What about more challenging times? How are you preparing now for how you will respond in future highs & lows?
As you reflect on life, what was your best year? What if your best year yet was defined by something else? By someone else? Teaching through Matthew 2, Jermaine Harrison walks through two steps you can take and one step God has taken that will make 2020 your best year yet.
- Some of you are going to have an amazing 2020 in terms of circumstance, some of you will have a difficult 2020, and most of you will be somewhere in the middle.
- The first step you can take to make 2020 your best year yet is: seek Christ, no matter the common response.
- The religious leaders of Jesus’ day had the necessary information, yet they were indifferent. They had no desire to respond to the facts they knew. Don’t fall into the same trap; don’t be the person who knows everything and doesn’t move.
- Having the courage and boldness to seek Christ, no matter how others respond will determine the quality of your 2020.
- The second step you can take to make 2020 your best year yet is: respond faithfully, no matter the circumstance.
- Times of “exile” can be times of protection and growth.
- God often gives us what we need before we even know we need it.
- The devil is actively against you. He is fully committed to destroying you and your life, but don’t be deceived: God is FOR you.
- God chose to save you, no matter the cost.
Mentioned or Recommended Resources