Great churches are not grace graduates.
- Pray that we would be a people who actively seeks to extend grace to one another (Colossians 3:12-17)
- Pray that we would be regularly reminded that all of us are in process (1 Thessalonians 4:1)
Great churches need gospel community.
- Pray for our community groups to be places where we can be fully known and fully loved (1 Peter 1:22-25)
- Pray that there would be an increase in unity with your community group (Ephesians 4:1-6)
- Pray for each of the individuals within your group – that they would sense the kindness & goodness of God in and through you (Ephesians 4:32)
- Pray that the Bible would be our authority, our conscience & our guide within each community group & that we would be firm where Scripture is firm and flexible where Scripture is flexible (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
Great churches need pruning.
- Pray that we would radically seek to weed out the areas, attitudes & actions in our lives that are dishonoring to Christ (Colossians 3:5-10; Galatians 6:1-2)
- Pray that we would not be conformed to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewal of our minds (Romans 12:1-2)
- Pray that your community group would be a place where authentic confession of sin is welcomed, prayed for & celebrated (James 5:16)
Great churches are nothing without love.
- Pray that we would be a people who are known for the way we selflessly and sacrificially love each other – especially when we had disagreements & differences of opinion (1 Corinthians 12:1-13; Ephesians 5:1-2)
- Pray that we would be a community who does nothing from selfish ambition or vain conceit, but that we, in humility of mind, would consider others as more important than ourselves (Philippians 2:1-4; 1 Peter 3:8)
- Pray that our love for one another would increase daily (John 13:34-35; 1 Thessalonians 3:11-13)
Great churches can’t be great without abiding with Jesus.
- Pray that we would daily, moment by moment recognize our need to remain close to Jesus in our alone time, in our family, in our community groups, at our workplace, & any place the Lord takes us (John 15:1-5)
- Pray that the Lord would give you a heart to know and be transformed by His Word (Psalm 1:1-2; Psalm 119:9-16)