The following blog post contains notes and application questions from our November 3, 2019 message, Evangelism. For more from this series, check out This Is The Life.
Discussing and Applying the Sermon
- When is the last time you engaged in a spiritual conversation with someone who doesn’t know the Lord?
- Who is one person you can invite over to your house for a meal to talk about the hope that you have in Christ?
When’s the last time you engaged in a spiritual conversation with someone? Do you remember the last time someone engaged in a spiritual conversation with you? As we continue our series, This is the Life, Todd Wagner teaches how we are an embassy and that the most loving thing we—Christians—can do is share their faith.
- The church is a body of people, not a building or a facility.
- The Bible gives four metaphors for the church: a family, a body, a flock, and an embassy.
- Nearly half (47%) of Millennial practicing Christians say it is wrong to evangelize. More than half (56%) report having two or fewer conversations about faith with a non-Christian during the past year.
- I don’t try to convert anybody. That’s the Spirit’s job.
- The church is God’s plan A and there is no plan B.
- The most important people at Watermark are the next 100-people, and because they are so important, we train and equip and resource and pour-into-you as much as we can.
- If Christianity is true—if it’s true that there is an eternal heaven and hell—then the most loving thing you can do is tell people about it.
- You are an embassy, and your house is “the mother-load”...it’s your job to share out of the abundant grace the Lord has given you.
- “Someone asked, Will the heathen who have never heard the Gospel be saved? It is more a question with me whether we—who have the Gospel and fail to give it to those who have not—can be saved.” -Charles Spurgeon
Mentioned or Recommended Resources
- Suggested Scripture study: Proverbs 24:11-12; Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:45-48; John 20:21; Acts 1:8; Luke 19:10; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; 2 Corinthians 5:10-21; Proverbs 26:6; Proverbs 10:26
- Penn & Teller: A Gift of a Bible
- Ministry: Great Questions