Did you leave after hearing Sunday’s message and think, “Well, now what?” Each Sunday, we will provide a discussion guide for our church body designed to create a conversation about what we’re learning. We encourage you to prayerfully gather with your family, friends and community group and dive into how to apply Sunday’s teaching from God’s Word to your life.
To view the current message series, as well as our entire library of sermons, be sure to check out our media page.
- Things in this world are not as they should be. How have you seen the truth of that statement in your life and in the lives of your Community Group members? How can you be grace in the lives of your Community Group members? How can they be grace in your life?
- Six times in James 5:7-12 James tells us to be patient. How are you doing in being patient with the people in your life and especially with those who know how to push your buttons? What specific things can your Community Group do to help each other develop more patience?
- Todd talked about Hebrews 6:10, which says: “For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.” God never forgets you and the work you are doing in ministering to others. How does that encourage you? How does that motivate you to take ground in being even more effective in ministering to others? How can your Community Group encourage one another to keep serving with patience and endurance both each other and the other people in your lives?
- James 5:8 tells us to strengthen our hearts because the coming of the Lord is at hand. How do we do that? How can your Community Group help each other strengthen your hearts? What are you doing to make studying the Word of God a daily habit? Is the Word your comfort, strength, guidance, and water of life that refreshes your soul? What do you need to do today so that the Word of God becomes those things in your life? How can your Community Group help you?
- How can you be a prophet speaking truth in the lives of others? Are you willing to be winsome and loving and gentle as you speak truth into the lives of others? Are you willing to speak that truth even though it causes you to scorned, avoided, and ridiculed? That is the role of the Church today. Identify someone in your life to whom you need to be the Church in speaking truth.