Did you leave after hearing Sunday’s message and think, “Well, now what?” Each Sunday, we will provide a discussion guide for our church body designed to create a conversation about what we’re learning. We encourage you to prayerfully gather with your family, friends and community group and dive into how to apply Sunday’s teaching from God’s Word to your life.
To view the current message series, as well as our entire library of sermons, be sure to check out our media page.
- Todd mentioned Prov 27:23-27, a parable of a fisherman, and a story of fathers with misplaced priorities to illustrate the fact that the futile pursuit of wealth ends up costing us more than we are willing to give. What are some ways your job has interfered with your pursuit of Christ or your investment in your family? Was the interference worth it?
- Would you say your motivations and actions characterize you as a person who pursues wealth, or by someone in whom the word of Christ richly dwells (Col 3:16)?
- Regardless of your economic status, what are some ways the lie that life is found in money manifests itself in your life?
- Todd closed by reading a letter from a teenage girl to her dad thanking him for leading his family well. What did you think of when he read this letter? What steps do you need to start taking to lead your family the way God calls you to?
- The book of James is a commentary on the Sermon on the Mount (Matt 5-7). The sermon ends with Jesus calling us to obedience by comparing those who obey him to a house built on a rock, able to weather storms (Matt 7:24-27). Is your house functionally built on the rock or the sand? Share with your group specific steps you need to take to put into practice what God is calling you to do.
The post Discussion Questions: September 21, 2014 appeared first on Watermark Community Church Blog.