Did you leave after hearing Sunday’s message and think, “Well, now what?” Each Sunday, we will provide a discussion guide for our church body designed to create a conversation about what we’re learning. We encourage you to prayerfully gather with your family, friends and community group and dive into how to apply Sunday’s teaching from God’s Word to your life.
To view the current message series, as well as our entire library of sermons, be sure to check out our media page.
- Todd has often stated, “God is not trying to rip you off but set you free.” What do you think this means? What does it mean to live freely as Christ intended? To be clear, what does it not mean?
- Ezekiel 33:7 speaks of our responsibility to be “watchmen” for our land. What is the role of a watchman? Practically speaking, how are we to serve as watchmen today? Based on Ezekiel, what is the consequence for refusing to play the role of a watchman?
- According to Scripture, how are we to define the family? What is the role of the family? What happens when the definition and role of the family is redefined in a way that contradicts God’s will?
- Todd argued that what the US is experiencing economically is not a political problem but a spiritual problem. Why is our economic debt fundamentally a spiritual problem? Where does Jesus tie our financial stewardship to our spiritual condition? What does this say about how your family is doing?
Points of application:
- Read Proverbs 22:3. What then is our role as a church?
- Read Matthew 24:36-39. What are we to learn from Jesus’ admonition? Moses example?
- What we need to do as a nation is what we first need to do as individuals. Talk to your community group about the steps you need to take as a family both spiritually & economically? What does it look like for you to anchor your hope in Christ alone?
- Are you planning to vote on Tuesday? On what criteria are you basing your vote?
The post Discussion Questions: November 2, 2014 appeared first on Watermark Community Church Blog.