Did you leave after hearing Sunday’s message and think, “Well, now what?” Each Sunday, we will provide a discussion guide for our church body designed to create a conversation about what we’re learning. We encourage you to prayerfully gather with your family, friends and community group and dive into how to apply Sunday’s teaching from God’s Word to your life.
To view the current message series, as well as our entire library of sermons, be sure to check out our media page.
- Are you living your life in a way where people are looking at you and want to “multiply your kind”? Share some specific examples.
- What is your perspective on justice vs. kindness? Where are places in Scripture that God addresses these two topics?
- When is a time that you have felt like a stranger/alien in a situation? What did someone do to make you feel loved & treated with the dignity that you deserve?
- Read the book of Ruth & Nehemiah over the next few weeks to see the difference between wise welcome (Ruth) & wall building (Nehemiah). Think about how you can live these two ideas out in your own life.
- Todd said that Dallas is the leading refugee spot in America. As a community group, how can you tangibly initiate & engage with those who are strangers in this land? Take a look at the the External Focus ministry to find out more ways to make an impact.
- Check out this blog post from Todd Wagner for some additional thoughts on a Christian’s response to immigration reform.
The post Discussion Questions: November 16, 2014 appeared first on Watermark Community Church Blog.