Did you leave after hearing Sunday’s message and think, “Well, now what?” Each Sunday, we will provide a discussion guide for our church body designed to create a conversation about what we’re learning. We encourage you to prayerfully gather with your family, friends and community group and dive into how to apply Sunday’s teaching from God’s Word to your life.
To view the current message series, as well as our entire library of sermons, be sure to check out our media page.
- Do you trust God? Explain. How do you trust Him in your temptations? Read about how Jesus trusted God in temptations in Matthew 4:1-11.
- For each of the temptations Jesus faced in Matthew 4:1-11, what was the temptation? How did Jesus face each temptation?
- What do you want most in your life? How do you process this want? With whom do you process this want? What does the Word of God say about your want?
- “It is better to obey God than to satisfy your human desires.” Do you agree with this statement? Do you live like you agree with the statement? How would your community answer the previous question for you?
- How can you trust God’s plan over your own desires? Will you trust even the timing of God’s plan over your own desires? How can your community group help you trust both God’s plan and His timing over your own shortcuts?
- Trust God over our wants.
- Trust God’s Word.
- Trust God’s plan over our pride.
- Trust God’s schedule over our shortcuts.
The post Discussion Questions: July 6, 2014 appeared first on Watermark Community Church Blog.