Today, Todd completed a two-part series on conflict resolution.
- Todd spoke about our calling to be peace makers from Matthew 5:9. Two ways we fail to handle conflict healthfully, however, is by being “peace fakers” or “peace breakers.” Are you more apt to be a peace faker or peace breaker? In light of your tendency, what steps can you take to handle conflict in a healthier way next time it arises with your community group/spouse/etc.?
- Do you look at conflict as an opportunity to grow as Todd stated? How can you use conflict to grow in your relationship with that person as well as your relationship with Christ?
- Todd spoke about the “Commitment Approach” for conflict resolution. This states that we are to point each other towards truth in love. How can you apply this approach in a conflict you are currently experiencing?
- Has a loved one ever had to confront you regarding sin your life? How did you respond? How could you have responded better to move towards reconciliation and oneness?
- Read Matthew 7:1-5. Is there a “hard conversation” that you need to have with your community group/spouse/friend/coworker/etc.? How can you first remove the log from your own eye and humbly seek to point the other person towards truth?
Download a copy of the conflict field guide by clicking here.
Below you'll find the image that Todd used in today's message.
Photo credit: Ken Sande at Peacemakers with edits by Todd Wagner