Did you leave after hearing Sunday’s message and think, “Well, now what?” Each Sunday, we will provide a discussion guide for our church body designed to create a conversation about what we’re learning. We encourage you to prayerfully gather with your family, friends and community group and dive into how to apply Sunday’s teaching from God’s Word to your life.
To view the current message series, as well as our entire library of sermons, be sure to check out our media page.
This is week 4 of Together, a series focusing on the six core values of biblical community. You can CLICK HERE to get an electronic copy of Watermark’s new guide to biblical community. This week’s message focuses on Core Value #3—Counsel Biblically. We are asking every community group to study these six core values over their next 6 times of meeting together. Please visit watermark.org/community to get the the written materials and accompanying videos and dive in to take your community group to the next level of commitment to Christ and His Word, to each other, and to modeling biblical community for a watching world.
1. Todd used this statement for our call to counsel biblically. Concerning the Word of God, we are to:
• Read it in.
• Pray it through.
• Live it out.
• Pass it on.
Think about your daily life and assess how you are doing in each of these areas. Share your assessment with your community group. And then use the following questions to dive deeper into what God is calling you to do in your own walk with Christ and in the way your community group counsels each other from the Word of God.
2. Read it in. What are you doing to develop a daily habit of taking in and applying biblical truths in your life and in your community group? Share with your group how you are doing in developing a daily habit of being in the Word. How is your community group holding each other accountable to be in the Word daily? How is your group ensuring that you all are not simply checking the box in reading the Bible, but instead are being transformed by its truth?
3. Pray it in. Are you praying back to God the Scriptures you read? How is your own prayer life and your group’s prayer life together encouraging you to know God and each other more fully? Share with each other how in your own life you are listening to and applying the biblical truth in your prayers.
4. Live it out. How are you doing in applying God’s Word in your own daily decisions, in your family, in your workplace, in your neighborhood, and in your community group? Is the Word or the world having a bigger influence in your life? How does your community group answer that question for you and for each other? How can your group encourage each other to walk the talk?
5. Pass it on. How are you and your group doing in passing on to others the truths that you are learning in the Word of God? What things can your group do daily and weekly to pass on to others what you are learning? If your relationship with Christ is important to you, how can you help but tell others about Him? If you are not telling others about Him, is your relationship with Christ important to you?