Did you leave after hearing Sunday’s message and think, “Well, now what?” Each Sunday, we will provide a discussion guide for our church body designed to create a conversation about what we’re learning. We encourage you to prayerfully gather with your family, friends and community group and dive into how to apply Sunday’s teaching from God’s Word to your life.
To view the current message series, as well as our entire library of sermons, be sure to check out our media page.
We all have the tendency to pretend like we have it all together. The truth is, we all have regrets. Listen to Todd Wagner as he shares what it means to live in authenticate community with others and experience the freedom of being known by Jesus and others.
- Read Proverbs 18:1. Why is it our tendency to hide and isolate from one another? Why does Scripture warn against this?
- What do you think it means to live in true biblical community? Is it possible to be in a group but never experience true biblical community? Discuss as a group the fears you may have about being vulnerable and authenticate with one another. What are ways in which you can grow in your trust with one another and overcome the dangers of isolation?
- Review Luke 8:43-48. What kept the woman isolated and afraid for twelve years? Many people touched Jesus that day. What made her touch different than the way others who touched Him? What did the woman experience after touching Jesus in faith?
- Why do you need to touch Jesus? What, if anything, is currently preventing you from acknowledging your needs and reaching out to Jesus in faith? How can being vulnerable with your community help you experience the healing and freedom only Jesus can provide?
- Todd talked about how we all have scars, yet we spend so much time trying to hide our scars from others. What happens when we choose to be vulnerable with one another and speak of our scars? Contrary to what we may think, why does our vulnerability lead to a greater sense of connection and belonging?
- How can your group pray for you this week and help you live authentically with others? Who would be encouraged to hear about the healing Jesus has done in your life?