Did you leave after hearing Sunday’s message and think, “Well, now what?” Each Sunday, we will provide a discussion guide for our church body designed to create a conversation about what we’re learning. We encourage you to prayerfully gather with your family, friends and community group and dive into how to apply Sunday’s teaching from God’s Word to your life.
To view the current message series, as well as our entire library of sermons, be sure to check out our media page.
Listen in as Todd discusses the final of six Community Core values: Admonish Faithfully. Be encouraged as he urges our community groups to obey the commands of 1 Thessalonians 5:14. Todd reminds us of our purpose to lovingly and faithfully encourage our community to live biblically.
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:14. How does your community group obey the commands of this verse? In what ways do you need to grow?
- “Everybody is normal, until you get to know them.” How does your group love you enough to admonish your “abnormalities”? Do you avail yourself to their admonishments?
- Todd described some hypothetical people within the Church. How do you relate to these people? How can your community group help you to take steps toward more Christ-likeness?
- Have you shared your 4B form with your community group? In what ways can they help you grow in spiritual maturity this year?
- Read 2 Chronicles 18. Does your community give counsel like Micaiah or ignore it like Jehoshaphat? What role can you play to ensure that your group does not scorn God’s counsel?