Did you leave after hearing Sunday’s message and think, “Well, now what?” Each Sunday, we will provide a discussion guide for our church body designed to create a conversation about what we’re learning. We encourage you to prayerfully gather with your family, friends and community group and dive into how to apply Sunday’s teaching from God’s Word to your life.
To view the current message series, as well as our entire library of sermons, be sure to check out our media page.
- How have you let the Bible and God’s will inform your view of abortion? As a community group, have you discussed your views on this spiritual problem?
- 1 Corinthians 2:14-16 says that believers have the mind of Christ. Therefore, we should follow His will. How does Scripture, then, inform this topic (c.f. Hosea 12:5, Job 10:8-11, Psalm 139:13-15, Jeremiah 1:5, Psalm 51:5, Matthew 1)?
- We often have a “conviction of convenience”, which is to say we deal with what is sensational rather than what is difficult. How can you help abolish this legalized way of ending life?
- Watermark wants to love and help anyone feeling trapped or scared. If anyone has an unwanted child, she can bring him or her to 7540 LBJ Fwy, Dallas, TX 75251. How can your community group spread this word of hope and help?
- “Silence in the midst of sin is sin.” We have the opportunity to act strongly on this issue in our generation: vote appropriately, talk boldly, share Christ unashamedly. What will you do?
- Be sure to check out the Real Truth. Real Quick. titled Is It Ok To Abort My Child If Prenatal Testing Reveals He May Be Born With Special Needs? blow:
Abortion is not a political issue, a civil rights issue, or a women’s rights issue; it’s a Jesus issue. Listen in as Todd demonstrates that both God and science declare life begins at conception. He offers wisdom on this topic as well as points to grace and hope for those who have made this choice.
The post Discussion Questions: December 7, 2014 appeared first on Watermark Community Church Blog.