Today JP focused on 2 Peter 3:1-7 and reminded us that scripture clearly teaches that Jesus WILL return. We looked at the difference between saints and scoffers and learned that God delights in making scoffers into saints.
- A saint understands that he/she is alive for God's purpose and holds fast to the truth of God's Word. As you look back over this past week, how have you lived like a saint?
- A scoffer isn't concerned with Christ's return, but follows his/her own desires and disregards God's truth. In what situation did you live like a scoffer this past week?
- How are you preparing yourself for Christ's return by daily renewing your mind with God's Word? What is your plan, time and place for studying scripture? Consider registering to Join The Journey at JoinTheJourney.com!
- How does the understanding that "God delights in turning scoffers into saints" change the way you interact with those in your sphere of influence? What can you do to introduce others to our God who is patient because He doesn't want anyone to perish but all to come to repentance?
- What would you do differently today if you knew Jesus would be coming back tomorrow?