Did you leave after hearing Sunday’s message and think, “Well, now what?” Each Sunday, we will provide a discussion guide for our church body designed to create a conversation about what we’re learning. We encourage you to prayerfully gather with your family, friends and community group and dive into how to apply Sunday’s teaching from God’s Word to your life.
To view the current message series, as well as our entire library of sermons, be sure to check out our media page.
- Do you know the Savior who was born to offer hope in the midst of a cold, dark world? Describe your relationship with Him.
- If your life seems warm and comfortable at the moment, how are you preparing yourself now for the cold and despair that will inevitably come as we wait for Christ’s return?
- What situation are you currently experiencing that causes you to long for the second Christmas?
- Which verses in God’s Word do you stand on to sustain, encourage and strengthen you to live faithfully as you walk through cold, dark times?
- Who in your community, family or neighborhood can you encourage with the warm light of Christ, reminding them that God is good, He doesn’t make any mistakes, and He can be trusted?
The world we live in is filled with chaos, disappointment, gloom and sadness. In the midst of this cold darkness, at the first Christmas God’s light came flooding in. He sent His Son to a broken world offering redemption, forgiveness and hope. Through Christ, even in the midst of the winter of despair, we have hope because we know that God is good, He doesn’t make any mistakes and He can be trusted. Christ will return and the second Christmas is coming!