While teaching from 1 Timothy 6:17-19, JP showed us the roots of generosity (losing the love of money), the requirements of generosity (doing good and sharing), and the results of generosity (a truly rich life).
- If people attributed your generosity to the generosity of God, how generous would they think the God you worship is?
- Enter your income into the Global Rich List (www.globalrichlist.com). How does seeing how rich you are change how you view the money that God has given to you? How can you take the next step of faithfulness in being more generous with that money?
- JP, while looking at 1 Timothy 6:18-19, said that he never met a generous person that was truly in need. When was the last time that you had to truly rely on the Lord because you gave above and beyond what felt comfortable to you?
- Read Psalm 112:9, Matthew 19:29, Galatians 6:7-10, Ephesians 6:7-8, and Philippians 4:16-17. These verses say you are storing up treasures eternally in heaven by giving generously. Do you really believe that? How does this belief in laying up treasures in heaven practically work out in your daily life?
- R.G. LeTourneau said, “They say you can’t take it with you, but I say you can send it on ahead and have it waiting for your credit when you get there.” Share with your community how you are going to trust that one day in heaven you will see all that you gave away in this life. Do you need to be more generous or do you just need to have a heart that is grateful for what God has given you?