1. Review 1 Peter 4:10 and the other 8 verses from the 9 Week Challenge. Which of the core values of Watermark do you need to double down on and specifically apply to your life?
2. According to Scripture, what are the marks of a healthy church? (Read 2 Chronicles 16:9, John 14:12 and 2 Corinthians 12:9).
3. Read Proverbs 20:6, 2 Timothy 2:4 and Philippians 3:12. How do these passages reflect the challenges we face as a church? What can you do to help our church overcome these challenges and be the man or woman God calls you to be?
4. Read 1 Timothy 4:13, Psalm 19:14, Isaiah 66:2, 1 Timothy 4:16, & 1 Corinthians 2:1-5. What do these verses say about how we as a church should value Scripture? How would you expect a church with a high view of Scripture to differ from one with a low view of Scripture?
5. Read 2 Timothy 3:16. Todd said: “The promptings of God’s Spirit never contradicts what God has already revealed in His Word.” Do you agree or disagree with this statement? What would occur if the opposite of this statement were true? Why is it so important that we base our council to one another on Scripture rather than on our own experiences and opinions?
6. Read Colossians 4:2. What do you think it means to be “devoted to prayer”? What is the difference between the “activity” of prayer and “attitude” of prayer? How are these to go hand in hand?
7. When was the last time you had a significant conversation with someone who is far from God? How did it go? How should 1 Corinthians 9:22 inform our relationships and conversations with others? Who can you share your story of grace with this week?
8. Todd said, “Community is not where you go to hang out but where you go to practice the ‘one another’s of Scripture.” Based on this criteria, how is your group doing in shepherding one another? What can you celebrate as a group? How can you take ground?