Did you leave after hearing Sunday’s message and think, “Well, now what?” Each Sunday, we will provide a discussion guide for our church body designed to create a conversation about what we’re learning. We encourage you to prayerfully gather with your family, friends and community group and dive into how to apply Sunday’s teaching from God’s Word to your life.
To view the current message series, as well as our entire library of sermons, be sure to check out our media page.
In today’s message, Todd discusses the biblical meaning of a saving faith. Listen as Todd discuss the true nature of belief and what it should produce in our every day life.
- What do you think it means to believe in Jesus? What are the characteristics of genuine belief?
- The Gospel of John always uses the word “believe” as a verb and not as a noun. Is it fair to say that behavior is an indication of belief? Explain.
- In what ways have your behaviors been inconsistent with what you say you believe this week? As a community group, how can you encourage one another to live according to what you say you believe?
- Todd showed how a biblical worldview contrasts with what society teaches in regard to human sexuality. What is a biblical response to what Planned Parenthood is promoting regarding sexual identity, orientation and biology? Based on what Todd shared, why is homosexuality not a civil rights issue? As a group, how can you get equipped to respond to society’s objections to a biblical worldview?
- Next week, we are celebrating new life in Christ at our baptism service. Has everyone in your group who has trusted in Christ taken this step of obedience? If not, what is keeping you from getting baptized?
The post Discussion Questions: April 26, 2015 appeared first on Watermark Community Church Blog.