The following discussion questions are meant to help you interact and think through the message “The Holy Spirit Is With Those Who Believe.”
1. How have your tried to earn God’s love? Read John 14:15. Are works a response to God’s love or a way to earn God’s love?
2. God calls us to follow Him in obedience, surrender, and submission to Him. Can you do this without God? How does God support us in following Him (read John 14:16)? Can you be a fully devoted follower of God without His Spirit/Helper?
3. Do you work with the Holy Spirit to accomplish God’s will or do you think the Holy Spirit works for you? In what specific ways should we labor with the Holy Spirit to follow God and do good works?
4.What areas in your life do you willfully reject the guidance of the Holy Spirit and disobey God? Read Galatians 5:19-29. Do you look more like a person who grieves the Holy Spirit or a person walking with Him bearing the fruit of the Holy Spirit?
5. We don’t need more of the Holy Spirit; He needs more of us. Read Ephesians 5:17-21. Which sins to you allow to control you instead of abiding in the Holy Spirit? Does the Spirit have enough of you?
6. Read 1 Thessalonians 5:14-19. What are the actions of a person controlled by the Spirit? Are you filled/controlled by the Holy Spirit or do you regularly ignore Him? If you ignore Him, in what ways can you fully submit to Him and how can your community hold you accountable to obeying, submitting, and surrendering to Him?
If you have any questions about the message, or would like to dialogue about any of the questions listed above, we encourage you to leave a comment below.
The post DISCUSSION QUESTIONS: APRIL 21, 2013 appeared first on Watermark Community Church Blog.