My name is Rick Smith and I’m the Director of Digital Ministry here at Watermark Church. You may asking yourself, “What the heck is digital ministry?” Well, I’m glad you asked.
Every day there are millions of hurting people searching the web looking for truth and answers in all the wrong places, and it’s my passion and responsibility to continually find new and creative ways to help connect as many of those people to the source of all truth and life.
Numbers Represent People, And The Numbers Are Powerful
Raw numbers are often not very useful when it comes to ministry, as numbers in and of themselves don’t always give us a clear picture of what’s going on. However, what numbers always do mean when it comes to ministry is people. Numbers represent people, and we must never forget that.
I want to share a few details that gets me very excited about the platform God has given us to reach people online.
In the last 30 days;
- Over 186,000 pages were viewed on Watermark.com.
- Over 33,000 unique visitors viewed content on the Watermark.com.
- Over 23,000 people visited Watermark.com for the first time.
- Over 24,000 times someone visited Watermark.com after entering a search term into a search engine (Google, Bing, etc.)
- Over 10,000 times someone visited the media section of our website where they could watch or listen to one of our thousands of archived messages.
- And almost 3,000 times someone visited our blog where we share stories of life change, discussions questions, and other resources!
It’s easy to allow those numbers to just be stats on a page, but don’t forget, each of those numbers represents a person looking for truth and resources! Pretty exciting, huh? And I didn’t even mention the number of people who watch our weekly live stream, visit Todd’s blog, or submit a prayer request to click and pray.
There are thousands of people each month visiting our website looking for truth and resources, and millions more online waiting to be connected to truth! That’s exciting!
In addition to our website let me briefly share a few stats from our Facebook page:
In the last 7 days on the Watermark Facebook page;
- Over 75,000 pieces of content that was shared on the Watermark Facebook page has appeared on someone news feed.
- Almost 4,000 people where engaged with content that was shared on the Watermark Facebook page. This means they didn’t just see / read the content they read, but they shared, liked, or commented on it as well!
These numbers are only from a 7 day period, but if the stats were to stay the same over a month, over 16,000 people will have engaged in some way with content shared on our Facebook page! That’s a pretty impressive platform to reach people with truth and resources.
We Need Your Help
We’re passionate about reaching and connecting as many people as we can to truth and resources and have some exciting things planned for the rest of this year and moving forward, but we can’t do it without you! We’re looking to build up a team of volunteers on the digital ministry team here at Watermark and would love for you to prayerfully consider being a part of team!
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- Bloggers (New bloggers, existing bloggers, pro bloggers, rookie bloggers, it doesn’t matter!)
- Note Takers (This is a big need! One of the projects I am working on is creating blog posts for our current and past sermons in order to help connect people online to them. I’ll explain more about this, but what you need to know now is you do not have to know how to blog in order to serve in this area. All you have to be able to do is be able to listen to a sermon and take good notes on what you hear. Easy.)
- People who are passionate about, and active on, social media. (Twitter, Facebook, Google +, Pinterest, etc)
If any of the above qualities describe you, or you’re interested in learning more, please fill out the from below and let’s chat! If you are reading this, and start to break out in a cold sweat at the first mention of technology; please pray for us as we ask the Lord to bless our efforts to help connect as many people as posable to truth and resources.
Looking forward to connecting with you!
The post Calling All Bloggers, Twitters, Pinners, Notetakes, and Twitterers! appeared first on Watermark Community Church Blog.