The following blog post contains notes and application questions from our February 10, 2019 message, Committed To The Uncommitted. For more from this series, check out How He Built This.
Discussing and Applying the Sermon
- When is the last time you had a meaningful conversation with someone who is far from God?
- When in the next seven days—and with who (is far from God)—can you have a spiritual conversation with? Share that person’s name with your community group, pray for the people you are going to engage with by name, and then follow-up at your next group meeting with how it went
From the very beginning of Watermark, God built this because we believe that Jesus came to seek and save the lost. As we continue our series, “How He Built This,” Todd Wagner walks us through God’s heart for the lost and what we—the church—are called to do about it.
- The most important people are the next 100 people. Those next 100 are so important...and that’s why we invest so deeply in equipping and discipling you.
- The church is the hope of the world. It’s God’s plan A and there is no plan B.
- But you are a chosen race (you are part of something), a royal priesthood (to do something), a holy nation (in a specific way), a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light (for a specific reason).
- Watermark is not about us. We never set out to build something big or buy and build facilities. Our intentions have always been to share with others what has radically changed our lives’: a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- The facilities we’ve built are either the biggest mistake or the best investment we’ve ever made. May we never be a club where people simply gather to be comfortable.
- We don’t have evangelistic programs...the church IS the program. You don’t just surrender evangelism, it is why God has us here.
- When’s the last time you had a meaningful conversation with someone who is far from God?
- The first thing Jesus said to His disciples is that He was going to make them fishers of men.
- We are living right now in the privilege of the answered prayer that we are going to plead with God for when we first meet Him face-to-face.
- When we stop caring for people who are far from God we stop being about the things of God.
- It’s not our job to convert people, but it is our job to compel them.
- You have never locked eyes with another human being who doesn’t matter to God.
- What is your way of sharing your faith? There isn’t a right way or only one way, but any way is better than no way.
- Sometimes people don’t reproduce because they are immature, they are broken, there is corruption in the world, there is corruption in their life, there is a lack of engagement, or they are indifferent.
Mentioned or Recommended Resources