A miracle is something wonderful only God can do. Take a minute to think about that definition. We will be teaching that to your preschooler over the next few weeks. When I meditate on it, I realize that miracles are happening around me all the time – mostly lives that are changing because of Jesus. Only God can truly change a heart. What a blessing that our church family is full of walking, talking miracles. Are you one? Don’t forget to thank Him for that miracle today.
HIGHLIGHTS from the Weekend…
Your child learned this week that Jesus has power to do many wonderful things that only God can do, even heal people who are sick. As Jesus came into a village, ten men who had leprosy met Him. They stood at a distance and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, have pity on us!” When Jesus saw them, He said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” As they went, they were cleansed! One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked Him. Jesus asked, “Weren’t all ten men healed? Where are the other nine?” Then He told the man, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.” (Luke 17:11-19)
- Jesus has the power to heal because He is God
- A miracle is something wonderful only God can do
"I praise you Lord for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14
3 Activities that Help Us Learn This Week's Teaching Truth:
1. Ten Lepers
Cut out ten gingerbread-shaped people. Have your child color a few dots on each person and color one person completely. Act out the story using the gingerbread shaped people as the lepers. When Jesus heals the lepers have your child place band-aids over the dots on each person. As the lepers walk away, have the one gingerbread shaped person who he colored completely come back to say thank you. Once he has acted out the story, talk with your child using these questions:
- What is a miracle? (Something wonderful only God can do)
- What does Jesus have the power to do? (heal)
- How many men did Jesus heal?
- What did one of the men come back and say to Jesus? (thank you)
- How can we give Jesus glory for how He takes care of us?
2. Healing Heart
While at the store, have your child choose a box of fun band-aids.At home, help your child draw a large heart.In the center of the heart write “Jesus has the power to heal because He is God.” Have your child place the fun band-aids all over the heart.
3. Finger Puppets Help your child draw 10 circles about the width of a finger on cardstock and cut them out.Have your child draw faces on each of the circles.Using kid-size gloves, attached one side of the Velcro to each glove finger and the other side of the Velcro to the circles.Stick the Velcro together so the faces are now on the gloves like finger puppets. Act out the story using the finger puppets.
Pray a short, simple prayer thanking God for the wonderful things that only He can do.
Image via Unsplash