WEEK 8: GROW - NATIONAL HOT FUDGE SUNDAE DAY (JULY 25)
CHALLENGE: Share the gospel using a hot fudge sundae.
INGREDIENTS: Hot Fudge, Strawberry Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, Green Sprinkles, Bowls/Spoons
READ & TALK: Talk through each of the ingredients and the verses that go with each one.
- Hot Fudge: This represents sin. ALL of us are sinners and sin separates us from God
- “For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.” (Romans 3:23)
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
- Strawberry Ice Cream: This signifies the blood of Jesus, which He shed on the cross to pay the
debt for our sin.
- “But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” (Romans 5:8)
- Whipped Cream: A reminder that Jesus’ sacrifice cleansed us of our sins.
- “Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away.” (Acts 3:19)
- “Though your sins were like scarlet, they will be white as snow.” (Isaiah 1:18)
- Green Sprinkles: Green stands for a life of growing in our knowledge and trust of Jesus.
- “Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” (2 Peter 3:18)
Now have your children build a sundae sharing the gospel with you as they go.
Added bonus... invite over neighbor friends or your community group and let your kids share the gospel as they make their friends ice cream sundaes.
Why are we doing Significant Summer? Find out here!