This week, Todd stressed the necessity that we must resolve to do life together, as we walk in faithfulness to Christ.
- Todd said, “Who you run with [in life] is probably the greatest determinant of what your life with Jesus looks like.” Who do you run with? What does the community of people with whom you surround yourself, or lack thereof, say about your relationship with Jesus?
- Proverbs 18:1 says, “Whoever isolates himself seeks his own desire; he breaks out against all sound judgment.” In what area of your life are you prone to isolate yourself? Is there a certain temptation or sin with which you struggle, that you hesitate to bring into the light and confess to others? If so, will you confess that sin to your community this week?
- “The primary way God reveals His grace, outside of His Word and His Spirit, is through people.” In what specific ways have you seen God’s grace revealed to you through other people? How will you remember and allow this truth to encourage you the next time you are tempted toward isolation?
- As Christians, we are sheep, living in community, following our Good Shepherd, Jesus Christ, (John 10). As we grow in Christ, Jesus desires that we too begin shepherding others. If you are a new believer, how are you making sure you are being trained up in righteousness within a community of believers? (For starters, Watermark’s two-part Membership Class begins next week, January 17. Find out more information and register here.) On the other hand, if you are a mature believer, who are you shepherding?
- What current circumstance or decision are you facing within your work place, family life, or church life that you need to bring before the wise counsel of your Christian community?