Come join us for Oasis, our Single Parent Family (SPF) Retreat in November at Pine Cove in Tyler, TX. Oasis is an incredible weekend away for families to get out of Dallas and retreat in the piney woods of east Texas. You’ll get to enjoy time with your children, hangout with new and old friends, enjoy fun adventures and rest. It’s the single best event that SPF puts on each year. We’ll have great worship, teaching, and TONS of fun! We hope that you and your family will join us this year at Oasis!
Oasis typically sells out, so sign up right away! Check out the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below if you have any questions. We can’t wait to retreat with you!
When: November 8-11, 2019
- A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required to reserve your family’s spot at Oasis
- Total cost for Watermark participants** is $125
- Total cost for non-Watermark participants $199
Who: Single Parents and kids (Kindergarten age (5) through 12th grade).
- Children younger than 5 years old cannot be accommodated at Oasis.
- If you have a child who is older than 12th grade and wants to attend the retreat, do not register them with your family. Email email@example.com an we will give them the option to volunteer at the retreat with us!
Where: Pine Cove Ranch in Tyler, TX
Why: To provide a weekend away to connect with God and your children.
*Something you probably don’t know about the Oasis Retreat is that the cost we ask families to pay is roughly Pine Cove’s price per person to attend the weekend. Just as we have in past years, we are excited to be able to cover a large percentage of the cost to help make this weekend a reality for your family!
We want this retreat to be a great time of ministry to all families! To those who are Watermark members we are giving an a lower price to honor your faithfulness of being part of our Watermark family.
Each family must pay a non-refundable deposit of $50 to reserve their spot. After that deposit is submitted, we will send an additional payment link for the appropriate remaining amount to be paid.
**Watermark participant means you are a member (serving and in community) or in the process of becoming a member.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I register?Go to watermark.org/spf and look for the Oasis Retreat Event. Click the orange “Register Here” button and fill out the form. You will be asked to pay a deposit of $50. This deposit will reserve your family’s spot for Oasis and is non-refundable.
How do I make a payment or request a Payment Plan?
- After you have filled out your registration, you will be redirected to the deposit payment page.
- Once you have paid the $50 deposit, you will be sent an additional payment link to pay your remaining balance. You can pay the remaining amount online, or by cash or check and brought or mailed to Watermark. We will email you to provide details on how to pay the remaining balance.
- If you need a payment plan for Oasis, you can send an email to Erin McLaughlin (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a payment plan.
Can I get a refund on my deposit or payment?
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- You may cancel your spot and receive a partial refund if notification is received by Monday, September 30th by 5:00pm.
- Cancelations after September 30th will only receive a partial refund if your spot is filled by someone on the waiting list.
- Cancelation after October 22nd will not receive a refund.
What do you do all weekend?
- Friday night you’ll arrive at camp to check in and enjoy games and fun time with your kids and other families.
- Saturday is filled with devotional time, teaching time and activities for parents, teens, and kids, and plenty of free time to enjoy the facilities at Pine Cove!
- Sunday we’ll have one last meal together and have family worship before heading home.
What do my kids/teens do during the weekend?
- We have two amazing groups of volunteers to spend the weekend with your kids!
- Our kids and teens groups have tons of games, worship, teaching, and discussion that aim to remind them of God’s love for them and encourage them to be young men and women chasing after Christ.
- Parents will be in the same cabin with their children if the child is Kindergarten-5th grade.
- Students 6th grade – 12th grade will be in their own cabins with other boys or girls their age and adult cabin leaders.
Can I request to room with a friend?
- You may contact us if you would like for us to try and place you in a cabin with a friend.
- Cabin requests will not be accepted after Friday, October 11th.
Please note that we cannot accommodate all requests. First and foremost, we assign cabins by family makeup to ensure appropriateness and safety for everyone.
Where do we meet and when will we get back to Dallas?
- You are responsible for transportation to and from Pine Cove.
- Check in will happen at Pine Cove starting at 6:00pm on Friday night.
- The gates of Pine Cove will close at 9:00pm, please make plans to arrive before 9:00pm or make arrangements with Erin McLaughlin to arrive on Saturday morning before November 1st.
- Our last session will end about 10:00am on Sunday morning.
I have dietary restrictions; how will I know if I can eat the food provided?
- On our registration form, there is a question about allergies and special accommodations.
- To best serve the Pine Cove staff, please only list allergies. Preference meals will not be accounted for.
- If you forget to fill in this question, please email Erin McLaughlin to notify her of special accommodations or food allergies. Alternative meals may not be accounted for if you do not tell us prior to the retreat, no later than October 25th.