Though we will miss the Knights now that they have gone back to Narnia, we are excited for what is coming this fall on the Plano Kids Kit. Each week there will be a fun teaching video that will include some new characters who will help kids relate to the teaching topic for the week. We will continue to include discussion questions and family activity ideas to help you engage your kids with God’s Word and plan a fun family time together.
Family Ideas for Fun This Week:
- Get outside and enjoy the slightly cooler weather! Pack a picnic and head to the park to enjoy some family time outside.
- Do a “Love Bombardment”. Have each member of the family sit down together around the dinner table. Each family member gets a turn being bombarded with encouragement and truth from God’s word. Parents: think of words of encouragement, areas of strength you see in your children, as well as an area where they can grow. Use this time to build them up and set goals for this new school year.
- Choose a verse for each member of the family that encourages them. Write each verse on a notecard. Place the cards in a location where they can easily be picked up/seen (i.e., dinner table, coffee table, bathroom mirror, etc.) Pray these verses regularly for each member of your family.
- Set a goal for the family to memorize more scripture together. His Word in My Heart by Janet Pope and The Well-Versed Family by Caroline Boykin are a couple of good resources to help you and your family get started.
- OR choose your own fun activity.