Family Discussion Questions:
Read through the Scripture passages as a family, then talk through the questions together.
All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper, and to prayer. A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders. And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had. They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need. They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity— all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved. Acts 2:42-47
- What is the Church? All people who have been saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- What did the early church do when they met together? Devoted themselves to teaching, fellowship, sharing meals, praying, shared everything they had, worshipped, met together.
- How did the people share the hope of God with their words and actions? They gave their things and money to people in need. They praised God continually.
And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ. 1 Corinthians 11:1
- Why is being the Church a high call? Following Jesus and trying to be like him isn’t easy, we have a challenging mission as followers of Christ, but it is an ADVENTURE!
- What is something you can do this week to be the church and share the hope of God with others?
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:8-10
- How is being in a relationship with Jesus a safe place? We are safe in a relationship with Jesus because he loves us and paid the consequence for our sins so that we can have a relationship with God. We are safe from having to earn our way to heaven or making mistakes and losing our salvation.
Family Ideas for Fun:
- Download a stargazer app on your phone or use your memory to try to locate the Big Dipper or the North Star in the sky one evening this week.
- Use boxes and other materials from around your house to build a rocket ship this week. It can be big enough to play in, taped across the door to make your child’s room the “space ship” or just a small model to put on a desk.
- Use marshmallows (mini or regular) and pretzel sticks to form stars and other constellation shapes, or make up your own constellation.
- OR choose your own fun activity.