Watermark Residency Program
August – May
The purpose of the Watermark Residency Program is to provide biblical training and discipleship combined with real-life ministry experience for gifted leaders who desire to serve in vocational ministry.
- Biblical: We believe the Bible is the Word of God and our conscience, guide and authority for everything.
- Training: Our goal is to train residents by allowing them to observe, participate and then own ministry responsibilities.
- Discipleship: Our program goes well beyond training you with the essential skills needed for vocational ministry with its emphasis on personal discipleship and spiritual growth.
- Ministry: We believe that ministry is best done in teams and that all of us together are better than any of us alone.
- Experience: We believe the best learning comes from real life experience.
- Gifted Leaders: Our desire is to invest in gifted leaders who will, in turn, invest in others.
- Vocational Ministry: The residency is specifically designed for those who feel led to serve in vocational ministry.
Not an Internship
The Watermark Residency Program is not an internship. We distinguish between the two as follows:
- For inexperienced candidates
- Not sure of what’s next
- Looking for exposure to ministry
- Assigned menial tasks
- For experienced candidates
- Strong sense of the Lord’s calling
- Looking for leadership opportunities in ministry
- Entrusted with meaningful responsibilities
If you have never interned or served in a leadership role within a ministry, we encourage you to intern in your local church before applying to the Watermark Residency Program.
Each resident will have the opportunity to “specialize” in one of the following ministries. Applicants are encouraged to apply for a specialty that aligns with their future ministry goals.
- External Focus
- Pastoral Care & Recovery Ministry
- Students (Jr. & Sr. High)
- Worship & Tech Arts
- Young Adults