Poverty is more than just a lack of material resources…it is the result of relationships that do not work.
Our desire is to move people closer to glorifying God by living in right relationship with God, with self, with others, and with the rest of creation. Matthew 22:34-40
Check out our ministry partners below
2ND SATURDAY (2ndSaturday.org)
• Partners with Builders of Hope to renovate and restore homes that were once havens for drug activity. Volunteers needed on the 2nd Sat. of the month for construction, home restoration and special projects.
• Contact: Todd Fields • serve@2ndSaturday.org
BROTHER BILL’S HELPING HAND (bbhh.org)
• Builds meaningful relationships and encourages positive life change for people in W. Dallas. Offers a food pantry, ESL & nutrition classes, Bible studies, computer skills training, and more to apx. 700 households in West Dallas.
• Contact: Cynthia Gammill • Cgammill723@aol.com
INTERFAITH HOUSING COALITION (interfaithhousingcoalition.org)
• Provides transitional housing and support for homeless families. Services opportunities include employment/ budgeting partners on Tues. & Thurs. evenings, assisting with apartment hosting, scrub squad, children’s dinners, clothes closet, childcare and tutoring.
• Contact: Ashley Phillips • watermarkIHC@gmail.com
MMLJ (watermark.org/keyword: MMLJ)
• Offers carpentry, painting, moving, lawn care and practical assistance to single parents, the elderly or physically challenged within our body and community. Volunteers needed to assist with moving, home repair, lawn care, etc. To apply for volunteer or project request, click on the DOWNLOADS tab from the "Local" homepage.
Contact: Ted Larson • Watermark Team Leader • firstname.lastname@example.org
• This is a dynamic hub of ministries providing much needed services in the South Dallas community. Service opportunities include serving lunch to the homeless on Tues. and Thurs., helping with the clothing closet, medical clinic, mentoring opportunities and serving the elderly.
• Contact: Billy Washington • email@example.com
UNION GOSPEL MISSION (ugmdallas.org)
• Calls the homeless and under-resourced of Dallas to know Christ in a way that transforms their lives. Volunteers model Christ’s love and serve dinner at UGM the 2nd and the 4th Weds., 4th Thurs., and 2nd Sat. every month. Volunteers are needed to build authentic, same sex mentoring relationships with the UGM disciples and unconditionally love and serve UGM clients.
• Contact: Elliott Carpenter firstname.lastname@example.org