Impact Education & Mentoring
Transformation happens in the context of community and relationships… We believe that God is honored and folks are loved best when we engage them, learn their name and their story, share the hope of Christ, and love them as Christ loves the church. Hebrews 10:24-25
Check out our ministry partners below
Education & Mentoring
• Christ –centered after-school program for students in South Dallas. Volunteers help share the love of Christ by helping kids with homework, feeding them dinner, and participating in a Bible Study. The after-school program meets Monday through Thursday (3pm-6pm) at the old Cornerstone Baptist Church.
• Contact: Heather Rich • email@example.com
CARR ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
• Serves kids living in West Dallas, a community where most students do not finish high school. Volunteers needed for tutoring, Saturday School, mentoring, classroom support, service projects and outreach.
• Contact: Mat & Crystal Tonne • firstname.lastname@example.org
CORNERSTONE CROSSROADS ACADEMY (cornerstonecrossroads.com)
• A non-profit school serving students 15-18 years who haven’t succeeded in public school. Opportunities include tutoring, physical fitness leaders and Fun Friday volunteers.
• Contact Kristi Lichtenberg• email@example.com
MERCY STREET (mercystreetdallas.org)
• Equips kids by facilitating Christ-honoring mentoring relationships in W. Dallas. Volunteers needed as mentors for 4th & 5th graders or to serve as soccer coaches.
•Contact: Mat & Crystal Tonne• firstname.lastname@example.org
• Provides reading and language skills development to children and training to parents to help them supplement their children’s reading and language skills in West Dallas. Volunteers are needed to assist with crafts and storytelling on Saturdays from 1-2:30, during the school day to provide reading intervention with elementary aged students and after school from 3:30-5:00 to provide homework help and supplemental readingactivities with elementary aged children.
• Contact: Stephanie Schweinfurth • email@example.com.
VICKERY KIDS CLUB
• Serve as a small group leader and help share the love of God with a small group of inner-city and refugee kids. Time commitment: 1-2 hrs each Tues. night during the school year.
• Contact: Charla Dixon • firstname.lastname@example.org