Watermark’s Discipleship Trips to Haiti are a powerful way for individuals or groups to make an impact and be impacted, and these trips serve as a "first step" international experience for many of our members. We take several trips each year; individuals are encouraged to apply, but Haiti trips are also excellent for groups. Recent trips have involved Youth, Families, College Students, Young Adults, Medical Professionals, and re:generation participants. Training for these trips generally involves 5-6 meetings across a 2-month period.
Upcoming Family Trips
- Dallas: Family trips Nov 16-21, 2017, and Feb 15-20, 2018
- Join us for a Family Trip informational meeting on Sunday, Aug 13, at 10:30am or 1pm in the Loft
- Plano: Family Trip Feb 15-20, 2018
- Fort Worth: Family Trip in Feb 15-20, 2018 (Probable)
Other Haiti Trips
Several ministries are currently scheduling trips for their leaders or for any of their participants! We also love when people already connected plan a trip together (as a community group, with Watermark volunteers at an external ministry, groups of friends, etc.).
If you're interested in taking a Haiti Trip (other than the family trips listed above), here are the steps to take:
- Read through the requirements for all our International Discipleship Trips here
- Ask the leaders of ANY ministry you participate in if they're planning to take a Haiti trip as a group. (If not, we'd love to talk with them about it!)
- If you don't fit a currently planned trip, contact Rick Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know you're interested in going on (or helping form) a Haiti Trip
You can get a great picture of what's been happening through blog posts from past trips at watermarkblogs.org/haiti. For more on Mission of Hope and its longtime impact in Haiti, check out www.mohhaiti.org.
[Return to Watermark International site]