OUR CALLINGAs a church, our purpose is to call all people to be fully devoted followers of Christ. Calling implies both introduction to and encouragement in a life of full devotion to Christ are necessary. As such, we articulate our devotion in this way. We exist to reach the uncommitted, unchurched, de-churched, dead-churched, and unmoved and to encourage, equip, serve, and sustain those already devoted to Christ.
- The unchurched—those who have never been exposed to a faithful body of Christ followers
- The de-churched—those who have previously been in a "church" environment but have left it
- The dead-churched—those involved in a "church" that is not pursuing biblical Christianity
- The unmoved—those nominally involved with Christ or His purposes
OUR CONVICTIONSA healthy church intentionally and zealously pursues a balanced ministry. Such a ministry, through the power of the Holy Spirit, results in:
- New converts to Christ through the work of the ministry
- New commitments to the local body and the cause of Christ
- New growth in the grace & knowledge of Christ
- New leaders for tomorrow's harvest for Christ
Stated another way, our desire is to call others to:
- Believe in Christ
- Belong to His body
- Be trained in truth
- Be strong in ministry
OUR COMMITMENTSWe commit to measure our success only by our ability to realize our conviction of being and making disciples. (Disciples are individuals who understand what it means to follow Jesus Christ into a life of worship, fellowship, sacrifice, service, and yielding to the Spirit.)
In summary, we are in the business of changed lives. We live to turn the uncommitted and opposed into unashamedly committed, fully devoted followers of Christ. Everything we do is measured by its usefulness, effectiveness, and contribution toward this purpose.
OUR CORE VALUES
We unashamedly and uncompromisingly strive to be:
- Biblically Based - God's Word is our guide, authority, and conscience in everything. We stand firm where it stands firm and remain flexible where it is flexible. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Fully Devoted To Christ - We measure our success by our ability to be and make disciples. Full devotion to Jesus is normal for every believer. (Luke 9:23)
- Grounded In Grace - We acknowledge our complete dependence on the goodness and grace of God. We have benefited from the kind intention of His will; therefore, we eagerly extend it to others. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Passionate About Prayer - We believe the attitude and action of prayer is essential to everything we do. (Colossians 4:2)
- Authentic In Our Walk - Authenticity, integrity, openness, and sincerity will define us. "The goal of our instruction is love, from a good conscience, a pure heart, and a sincere faith." (1 Timothy 1:5)
- Committed To The Uncommitted - We believe that lost people matter to God; therefore, they matter to us. Jesus came to seek and save the lost and has left us here, in part, to do the same. Our individual lives and corporate efforts will reflect this conviction. (Luke 19:10)
- Relevant & Innovative - The Bible does not tell us to use only certain styles of music, or to present our message only through words. The Bible does make it clear, however, that we are to find ways to effectively bring the message "into all the world" in order to make disciples. We believe this will require careful scrutiny of everything we do - new practices and old - and a willingness to change when necessary within biblical parameters, in order that we, "by all possible means might save some." (1 Corinthians 9:22)
- Committed To Community - Belonging to our community requires a commitment to being intentionally involved with others in accountable, encouraging relationships. We believe life change happens best in the context of relationships. In clusters of caring people, participants share and encourage each other toward spiritual growth. Here people can experience both the benefits of a larger church and enjoy the kind of relationships that only develop in small, safe settings. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Focused On Ministry & Service - We believe that each believer has received a special gift and should employ it in serving others, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. Spiritual giftedness and maturity determine where and how a believer serves. We believe excellence honors God and reflects His character. We strive for excellence without compromise in all areas of our ministry and lives. (1 Peter 4:10; Colossians 3:17)
- Children - We view children not only as the future, but as a significant part of the church right now. Our goal is to raise passionate followers of Christ, so we believe our children are worth all the time and energy we can invest in them.
- Training & Discipleship - Intentional participation in relationships with others at different levels of spiritual maturity is essential. While we provide many formal occasions for growth, we place a higher priority on the value of relationships. Jesus apprenticed His disciples, even as His disciples today are called to mentor or be mentored by others.
- Diversity - We agree that churches more easily attract others with similar preferences and/or life experiences and therefore acknowledge that simply by being who we are we are necessarily “targeting" a certain segment of our society. Our desire, however, is that the Holy Spirit will bless us with a rich diversity of ages, life-stages, religious, racial, educational, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We desire to foster an atmosphere of unity that communicates warmth and acceptance of all who care to join us. It is our hope that the things that ultimately define us are those that speak to the need to the entire human race, not only specific ethnic or demographic ones. Therefore, we stress such universal concerns as forgiveness, redemption, significance, peace, meaning, and truth above styles, tastes, and preferences.
- Unity - We embrace diversity but require unity in the essentials, understanding in the non-essentials, and seek in every way to love others as Christ has first loved us. We have a great commitment to the great commandment and the Great Commission, believing by this alone God will make us a great church.
- Healing - We believe Jesus is the divine physician, so healing and hope should be the norm where His people gather in community. We believe Jesus continues to provide freedom, redemption, deliverance, healing, salvation, and hope as best glorify His name and purposes.
- The Poor - We are God’s extended hands. We purpose, with vision and servant leadership, to increasingly learn to minister directly to the poor, sometimes with our money, sometimes with our lives. We must live in fellowship with an awareness of our blessings and corresponding responsibility to others.
- Excellence - We believe excellence honors God and reflects His character. We strive for excellence without compromise in all areas of our ministry and lives.