GIVE & GO BOXES FAQs
Why is WAKE doing Give and Go Boxes instead of Operation Christmas Child?
- This year we are going local! We have decided to bless our local ministry partners by helping them provide gifts and needed items to those they serve. Hundreds of local people in the DFW area will be reminded that they are loved and cared about this holiday season because of the Give & Go boxes.
Who is WAKE Partnering with?
- Brother Bill’s Helping Hands, we work at BBHH in the summer with Dallas Experience. We regularly steer students and parents to the food pantry/community center of BBHH for service and discipleship opportunities.
What do I do?
- First, pick up a box before November 29th. Next, print the flyer for Brother Bill's Helping Hands. Third, at your small group on November 29th you will fill and decorate your box for friends at BBHH. Finally, drop-off your box to the ministry partner (if applicable) or bring it back to Watermark by December 3rd.
Do I have to use the boxes provided by Watermark?
- Yes! Please only use the boxes being provided through Watermark.
Do I have to stick to the item list on the flyer?
- Yes! Ministries have identified specific items they need and we ask that you follow all of the instructions on the flyer. You can vary on brand of items described and do not have to put everything on the list in your gift, those are more like starting points.
Can I do more than one box?
- Absolutely! We do ask that if you pick up a box and a flyer then you commit to making the box and returning it on time. BBHH is asking us to complete 400 boxes. If you take a box from WAKE or worship center, you are committing to filling the box.
How much does it cost?
- We are selling boxes for $1. The cost to fill up a box varies. If they don’t have $1 when they pick up, it’s OK – just have them bring the $1 when they bring back the box.
Why is this called Give & Go?
- We want you to give a box to a ministry and then we want you to go serve. There are a lot of needs in our community and Give & Go is a great time for you, your family, and your small group to commit to finding a place to regularly serve.
*Parents, please check out the family discipleship guide and prepare/debrief your students after the small group service Wednesday.*