From time to time we receive questions about the "sign gifts" and specifically "speaking in tongues." Below you will find nine resources to help you better understand this topic.
2. Message: The Gift Of Tongues - Part 2
3. Real Truth. Real Quick. - What Is The Baptism Of The Spirit?
4. Real Truth. Real Quick. - How Do I Know If I Have The Holy Spirit In Me?
5. Real Truth. Real Quick. - What Is The Gift Of Tongues?
6. Real Truth. Real Quick. - Are Tongues A Private Prayer Language?
7. Book: Baptism & Fullness
9. Downloadable Handout: Spiritual Sign Gifts
11. Five Biblical Truths About The Biblical Gift Of Tongues
1. Tongues have never been normative. (1 Cor. 12:30)
2. Tongues are not necessary for spiritual maturity.
3. Tongues are not never ending—the gift of tongues will cease (1 Cor. 13:8).
4. The gift of tongues is not nurturing to others (1 Cor. 14:2) which is the purpose of Spiritual gifts (1 Cor 12:30).
5. Tongues were never intended to be a new form of prayer language.
12. Five Reasons Why We Don't Believe It Is Wise To Use A "Private Prayer Language" - Even If You Keep It In Private.
1. What’s the point? (1 Cor. 14:15-16) It doesn’t edify others or involve your mind.
2. What’s the possibility? (2 Cor. 11:14, 1 John 4:1) It could be of another spirit.
3. What’s the primary justification? Experience should not inform Scripture but Scripture should inform experience.
4. What it prevents. It can prevent true intimacy with the Father.
5. What it promotes. Pride/division/disappointments/elitism.
13. Counterpoint: Are The Sign Gifts For Today?