16. What are some questions or ways we can increase authenticity in our community group?
Check out this helpful link from our community team full of resources and helpful ideas.
17. Can a marriage destroyed by betrayal be still recovered and redeemed?
Yes! We hear stories like this regularly through our marriage ministry, re|engage. Check out this link to hear some of these stories.
18. How does someone that goes to Watermark know he or she is a member?
To become a member at Watermark you must:
- Make a written statement of your faith in Christ and intent, with God’s help, to pursue a life that will bring glory to God;
- Meet face to face with a member of our testimony team to have your testimony confirmed (you will also be asked to provide a written copy of your testimony.)
- Agree to the Beliefs and Governance of Watermark Community Church;
- Attend the church’s two-part New Member Class;
- Become part of a community group;
- Choose and commit to an area of service; and
- Sign the Membership Covenant.
If you have any questions about the membership process (or your membership status) please email us.
19. Does Watermark have a list of opportunities to serve that enable community groups to serve together?
Yes! Our External focus ministry sends an email every month with serving opportunities. You can sign up for that here. You can also jump in with any of our external ministry partners by clicking HERE.
20. Can Watermark address our culture's worship of food and gluttony?
We recently addressed this during a Sunday message. You can find that message here.
21. Can Watermark teach Moneywise during a Sunday series?
We recently addressed the topic of money church wide in our “Switch” series. You can check out that series here.
22. Does Watermark have a single parent ministry?
We Do! You can learn more here.
23. How much of Watermark’s budget goes to missions?
Here’s a RTRQ we did that talks about our budget and missions.
24. What is Watermark doing to reach the Spanish population?
We’re excited about reaching the Spanish population, and we've even added someone on our staff full-time to lead this area. Please contact Oscar for more information and to get involved.
25. How can I learn more about our elders?
You can check out the elders' bios here.
26.What is Watermark’s view on same sex marriage?
Check out this RTRQ on our thoughts on this topic.
27. Can Todd expand on the book that he’s writing?
Todd is writing a book called "Come and See" that he hopes to submit to print this summer. Stay tuned for more information.
28. Would you ever consider offering group link more than a couple times a year?
You can find all upcoming group links here.
29. How can the men of our body grow in their relationship with God?
One way we do this is through our men’s Bible study, Summit, where men can join small groups of other men. Additionally, be sure to check out our upcoming Dad's class, Unashamed, Equipped Disciple, and our Core Classes.
Click play on the video to watch An Evening With The Elders in its entirety, and click HERE to download a copy of the slides used during the talk.