Listen in as Blake Holmes discusses the lies we believe. Be encouraged as he shows us how to spot a lie as well as combat them with the truth of God.
- Blake listed several lies we tell ourselves. What lies are you prone to believe? When are you most vulnerable to believe those lies?
- Read Genesis 3. How do you relate to Adam and Eve? How do you see the enemy lying to you and the ones around you?
- How can your community group encourage each other to guard his/her mind? How can you practice the discipline of taking every thought captive?
- Blake only had time to list a few lies: it can wait, I can't change, I know what is best, my past disqualifies me, no one understands me, and God's love for me is conditional. What other lies do you struggle with believing? Have your community group fill out the handout Blake mentioned in his sermon.
- There is nothing you can do to make God love you more or less. In what ways do you struggle to believe this truth? What verses remind you of God's unending and unconditional love?